The Ludlowe Corps Mission Statement:
The word "corps" is used to describe a group of people working together towards a common goal. At Roger Ludlowe Middle School in Fairfield, CT, the Ludlowe Corps consists of students, parents, and teachers working together towards the following goals:
- Build global awareness of the many issues facing the continent of Africa today
- Learn about the people, environment, culture, and geography of Africa
- Develop a cultural exchange between the people of Fairfield and Senegal, West Africa
- Develop a relationship between Roger Ludlowe Middle School and the Waranka School Organization in Senegal
- Identify and help alleviate some pressing needs in the Waranka School Organization through various humanitarian projects
- Work with the Senegal-America Project, a non-profit organization, to pursue these goals
- Work with the Peace Corps to help bring fresh water and other health based initiatives in Africa
It is our belief that through real life connections, we can better understand the interconnectedness of our world today. We also believe that together, we can change the world we live in for the better. Through the Ludlowe Corps initiatives, members of the Roger Ludlowe community will learn, share, grow, and develop a deep sense of cultural diversity. Thank you to all those who have helped and believe in the Ludlowe Corps initiatives.
Richard Haxhi, Lenny Moitoso, and Phil Simpson
Ludlowe Corps Leaders
The 2007-2008 Ludlowe Corps has identified the following goals for our third trip to Senegal in 2008:
Your generous contribution will help underwrite coordinator travel expenses, purchase school equipment and supplies for the Waranka Organization, purchase mosquito nets to prevent malaria, all consistent with our goals addressed above.
- Raise funds to purchase and deliver 1000 Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Mosquito Nets to those at risk of Malaria infection
- Provide funding to help support and sustain a new elementary school in the Waranka school organization located in Guinaw-Rails, Senegal
- Generate interest in Fairfield, CT in the issues facing Senegal and Africa today
- Create a cross-cultural exchange with our students and the students in various Senegalese schools
If you would like to donate to our cause, here are some options:
- Online- please click on "Donate Online!!" and use your VISA or Mastercard to make a quick and secure donation.
- Send a check to:
Roger Ludlowe Middle School
Attn: Lenny Moitoso
689 Unquowa Rd.
Fairfield, CT 06824
Please make checks out to: "Arts are Essential/Ludlowe Corps"
Contributions of $250.00 or more will receive a tax receipt. If your company has a matching donation program, please include company information/forms.
- Arts are Essential is a Massachusetts based 501c3 not for profit organization and donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. For more information please see their web site at www.arts-are-essential.org or call Jean Butler at 978-263-0108
7th Grade World Geography
We will meet people from around the world...
We will travel to exotic places....
We will learn about new cultures...
And most of all...
We will make a difference!